Saturday, January 17, 2009

Beach Bums

I've finally caught up with the laundry a little bit and have some time to blog! Our trip was excellent. We had such a blast and Paul is the most laid back, go-with-the-flow baby. He did so well on the airplane, mostly just slept once we took off. We had a couple of cries but nothing even close to embarrassing. We managed pretty well with all 8 of our bags. Traveling with a baby requires so much STUFF!!!

This was a trip of "firsts" for Paul and he loved everything. I think his favorite was to be naked on a towel by the beach. He just kept screaming with happiness every time the breeze blew by. He went swimming with Daddy and relaxed enough to float around in the pool. He tried to eat a coconut and got a hold of lemon, which he loved! Grammy and Papa babysat so Dave, Damian, and I could go scuba diving and do a little offshore fishing. We dove at Eden Rock and saw Moray Eels, Squid, huge Grouper, tons of reef fish, and the most colorful coral. We caught 2 Wahoo (25-30 lbs) and a Yellow Fin Tuna (10 lbs) while fishing and I literally thought my arm was going to fall off trying to reel in that sucker. Dave cooked them up for dinner and he even made a little sushi with the Tuna. Much to my surprise is was awesome.

So I haven't mentioned the "Game" yet............I'll go with......If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all!!!!

I will say that South Beach is one of the funnest cities we've been to. We tried some new restaurants, including a Vegan restaurant Sublime. Those Vegans sure do know how to make some GREAT food! So.......the game was really fun. We tailgated before and had great seats. We all yelled enough to loose our voices. I wish we would have won. It was well worth it but Bob
Stoops needs to get his boys in line for next year!!! It is 19 degrees here in OKC and I wish we were back on the beach!!!

No comments: