Friday, June 18, 2010

Introducing..... JOSEPH TRUETT THOMPSON

We are so thankful and overjoyed to announce the birth of our second son, JOSEPH TRUETT THOMPSON, on June 13, 2010 !!!!. He was born at 2:34 pm and weighed in at 7 pounds 8 oz, and was 20.5 inches long.

We were surprised that we went into labor last weekend. I was only 35 weeks pregnant so Joseph is considered premature. We were supposed to have a relaxing weekend at home, you know, sleep in, see a movie, go out to eat. (Paul was with G, Pop, and Mo at the lake) That surely didn't happen. I went into labor Saturday morning at IHOP. Right when our food was delivered to our table I started having contractions every 2 minutes. They just came out of no where! By the time we got our food to-go I was in the car and yelling at Dave to go to the hospital because something was not right. I have had contractions before but nothing nothing nothing like these. To make a 26 hour labor story short....they gave numerous doses of pain meds and some stuff to try and stop the contractions but nothing worked. Thank God Dave is the most wonderful man in the world because I don't think I could have dealt with all the pain without him. He was the best support and so very patient with me. I don't think I was an easy person to deal with :) Anyways, 26 hours later, our second angel came into this world! He had a rough delivery, a rapid decent is what they called it. His poor little face, eyes, eye balls, nose and cheeks are all bruised up and swollen. Since he was premature all the doctors were worried about his lung development and I happened to have a fever while he was born so he was rushed into the nursery for immediate care. We were finally able to see him a couple hours later and only Dave and I could be in the nursery with him. We were so worried and he was hooked up to so many monitors and tubes. All the prayers worked and Joseph is a true champion!!! He recovered so quickly and was able to gain weight, fight off jaundice, learn to breathe, etc all in a couple days. He is still bruised up just about every where but he looks better every day.

I am so happy that we finally have Joseph home. He is a perfect fit in our new family of four. God has truly blessed Dave and I with two of the most wonderful little boys!






No comments: