Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cookies with Grandma

Today G and I took the boys over to Grandma and Grandpa's to partake in Grandma's wonderful tradition, making cookies together.  I got all nostalgic and sentimental on the way home thinking of how awesome it is that I grew up making and decorating cookies with Grandma and now my sons are doing it too, and loving it!!  Grandma and Grandpa are just the best!  You walk into their house, feel like a kid again, and it just bursts with love!  I guess grandparents just do that to ya!  Paul had a blast today cooking and decorating cookies with Grandma today!  She is so patient - STILL just like she was and always is with me :)  Paul ate the dough, the cookies, the icing and the sprinkles.  He was so proud of his cookies and made a huge mess, but totally worth it for the amount of fun he had!  Joseph ate some cookies too - again, creating more mess, but he sure loved them but didn't know what to think of icing.  It might be a little sweet for him but I'm sure he'll love it sooner than later!    Paul talked about his cookies and Grandma and Grandpa all the way home and once we pulled into the drive way he told me, "Momma, I have fun today!  I Love Gamma and Gampa! Let's do again! I want to eat more cookies" !! My heart smiles!!!

To quote Grandma, "I put a little sugar into everything to make it sweeter!"  Well she is the SUGAR in our lives and definitely makes it SWEETER!!!

Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for an awesome day!  WE LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments: