We had our first (of what I am sure will be many) ER visits last week for Paul. He has a deep sprain on his foot. I am not really sure exactly how he hurt his foot but one second he was running the next he wouldn't put any weight on it. It was pretty swollen and bruised and Paul kept pointing at it and saying HURT HURT, so I decided to take him in to get it x-rayed. Three terrifying x-rays later, we found out there were no broken bones and he just sprained it pretty good. The X-ray machine scared the daylights out of Paul for some reason and it took 2 nurses and myself to hold him down!?!?! Traumatizing!! They were going to splint it but I decided that would do us more bad than good and I would try to carry him around most of the time. There was no way that Paul was going to keep a splint on his entire foot!! Anyways, he is walking on it today, well more like limping around the house but at least he is putting weight on it. He is still telling us that it hurts all the time so we are trying to make him take it easy. I think he will be over it in the next couple of days.
Here are Pauls X-rays. I thought it was really cool that they gave them too us on a disk :)


No comments:
Post a Comment