Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Quite A Quack with the Quack-Quacks

Today Paul and I had the coolest duck experience!!! We went to Route 66 park to feed the ducks this afternoon and ended up being surrounded by 100+ baby geese and their Mommas! I only brought 2 loaves of bread and was so disappointed because those babies were starving. They were so cute and let Paul and I touch them while they ate right out of our hands. I couldn't believe the Momma geese were alright with their babies being so close to us but they totally trusted we wouldn't hurt them and were more concerned about the other adult geese letting the babies eat. I couldn't get any good pictures of it because I was trying to make sure I was totally focused on Paul being gentle with the geese and not loosing a finger to a quack quack. It was such a beautiful moment, and as sappy as it sounds, I was touched by the beauty of God and nature this afternoon!











No comments: