Monday, October 18, 2010

Beautiful Innocence

One of the most beautiful things about Paul is his innocence.  I am humbled by it everyday!  To have a heart and mind as pure as Paul's, is a treasure I hope he will always keep.  I am not naive in thinking that he might never be corrupted, insert comment about Uncle Damian, but I hope that his love for life, curiosity, and golden heart stay with him forever!

Upon arriving home from Mexico, Dave and I were so excited to see our boys!  We rushed out of the car to pick them up and hug them.  All the sudden I hear Dave say, "OMG!!  What is on Paul's hand?  He has Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease!!!" So of course we rush over to see and then I hear G say, "Ummmmmm........ actually its not anything, no big deal, he just played in the dirt with some ants."  RIGHT?!?!?!?!  My poor sweet Paul!!  This little incident got me thinking, see above, how beautiful a child's mind is!!  All Paul wanted to do is dig in some dirt, and he thought he found the mother load.  It stinks that he had to learn the hard way that some of the greatest piles of dirt are filled with vengeful ants ready for attack!

Good thing is - they don't seem to be bothering him - Thank God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry sweet boy!!